ASCOMP Backup Maker is completely free for personal use. It will create backups for files and folders, you can save them to local hard drive, to FTP or disc. It has a wizard style interface and you will be guided through different steps, easy to understand. You can jump anytime to a previous step and change settings.
1. Simple interface
It has a simple workspace where you can opt for creating a backup or to restore one.
2. Step by step wizard
Is easy for everyone to create a backup. It has different detailed steps where you can choose different options. You can check Activate expert mode for more customizations available at each step.
3. Backup selected files/folders
You can create backups for files and folders, you cannot make bootable backup for operating system itself.
4. Include or exclude files
You can filter desired files or specific extensions from backup.
5. Schedule available
Set it to run automatically at desired intervals.
6. Different types of backups
Perform a full or a differential backup (settings available to refine and customize it).
7. Protect with password
Allows to set a password to protect each backup. No one can access content if doesn’t know password. You can use a free password manager to keep al your passwords organized.
8. Split in multiple files
You can choose to split the backup into multiple files, useful if you want to store them on different devices or write on media such as CD that has some limitations regarding maximum file size.
9. Save to different locations
Save backups to local computer, to FTP account or write them to a DVD/CD.
10. Easy restore
You can restore a selected backup with a few clicks.
- Download: http://www.ascomp.de/products/show/product/backupmake
- Visit website: https://www.ascomp.de/en
- Pros: step by step guide, easy to understand
- Cons: cannot backup operating system, just files and folders recovery settings aren’t very intuitive at first use
- OS: Windows 8, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP, Vista
- License: Freeware