SlimDrivers Free is indeed a free program able to scan and update your drivers. It includes a huge database with drivers for all types of hardware, such as CPU, graphic, audio, video card, USB ports and much more.
The program can create a backup of all drivers and this operation can be useful if you want to restore the previous state of your drivers, if something fails.
Other features include a schedule and an uninstall menu to uninstall selected drivers.
1. Additional downloads
The program will download additional files from the developer’s server. Pay attention which advertisements they offer during the setup process. Free programs often offer third party ads such as browser toolbars.
2. Fast scan
The program isn’t lazy and will scan the PC for drivers in a few seconds.
It displays a list with outdated drivers: the current version and the version available from their site.
4. Backup before installing
As a plus, the program allows you to make a backup of your existing drivers before performing an update/installation.
5. Automatic installation
Once you decide to update a driver, the program will perform the installation automatically.
6. Uninstall drivers
The program also allows you to uninstall drivers.
If you want to scan regularly to keep your drivers updated, the program allows to set a schedule.
- Download: http://www.softnavy.com/app/110/slimdrivers
- Visit website: http://www.driverupdate.net/
- Pros: backup and restore drivers uninstall drivers
- Cons: after you press Update, the program attempts to install it automatically. I would like to see the file before installing it.
- OS: Windows 8, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP, Vista
- License: Freeware