MyDefrag is a disk defragmentation and optimizer tool that works with local hard drives or any device recognized by Windows such as USB, external HDD. Includes scripts and command line tools for tech users.
It has a basic interface with tasks organized by category and recognized hard drives displayed. Each task category includes a detailed description.
Select a partition or drive and select “Analyze only” to view a visual report of your files.
It displays the progress of task in %, number of files and directories. Can view statistics with unfragmented items and a diskmap. Action can be paused, resumed or stopped.
Includes defined scheduling profiles (daily, monthly, weekly).
- Download: http://www.mydefrag.com/Manual-DownloadAndInstall.html
- Homepage: http://www.mydefrag.com/index.html
- Pros: Offers free scripts for advanced tech users.
- Cons: Old interface, usability can be improved.
- OS: Windows 8, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP, Vista
- License: Freeware