Primo PDF will create PDF files from any printable Windows files (documents, images etc.). Allows to edit document metadata or properties such as author name, title, subject and protect PDF file with a password. It works as a virtual printer that, once is selected, will not print anything on paper, but instead will write and save a PDF file, no matter what file format the source file is.
1. Desktop standalone interface
2. Choose downsampling mode
3. Put password on PDF
4. Few advanced options
5. Saving PDF
6. Test result
I have used a Word file with images and text, the PDF file resulted was exactly like original Word file, so this program it makes a good job. The file size of PDF file was reasonable.
- Download: http://www.filesriver.com/app/163/primopdf
- Visit website: http://www.primopdf.com/
- Pros: password protection for generated PDF
- Cons: at first use is annoying, options and save windows are similar and i was confused about how to save the PDF is not very fast
- OS: Windows 8, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP, Vista
- License: Freeware